Sonntag, 13. November 2011

29.B

This is a misunderstanding, said Ms K, head of the creativity-department, and became green again: I am not your ghostwriter and I won't ever be nor will I ever accept someone to be my ghost-writer. I never did that, and I'll never do that. I do honor people who do this kind of job: but everybody who wants to make a deal of language and style with me, better offer me a place where I can do the writing and speaking in my own name, do some repair-work in the texts of others, or don't speak or write at all, did you get me? The trader was a little bit embarassed, first, and then a little bit furious, second, and then he said: but we are offering very good salary, and you should be grateful that someone wants to buy your stuff. It won't work, said Ms K,  I cannot do that, even if I wanted to. You picked the wrong kind of person, and what you did in order to get me down into a situation where - as you might have fancied - I could not refuse your offer and would have to either sell my skin or my language: It will fall heavily on your own feet, Sir. We can make this or that contract, but the very act of writing means too much to me, I won't ever use this as a thing of exchange with anybody. Besides that, we may talk about this or that, and if you want to enforce a deal with anyone special on anything special, we can negotiate. But don't you ever dare to instrumentalize things holy to me for your purposes, whether these be good or not good. She said this with a smile, got up, opened the door, and when he left, she said, beware of the cold, it is very cold outside today.

6 Kommentare:

  1. Dame Oe: Das Englisch koennte flüssiger sein.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Buchhalter: Schwerer Fehler.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Pestvogels: Sie ist stur.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Gattin des ehemaligen Chefs: Nein, sie tickt so, sie kann das auch nicht anders wollen, es ist lächerlich, ihr so etwas anzubieten. Kleine Sachen macht sie gegen Geld, wenn es gar nicht anders geht, aber sie ist bei ihren Texten ganz dabei, das ist ihre Stärke, wenn man die nicht will, soll man nicht versuchen, sie kleingehäxxelt "abzuschoepfen," sie wird eher bei sonstwas kooperieren als ausgerechnet bei dem Projekt, ihre Sprache isoliert zu kaufen und einzugliedern und passend zu machen, ich verstehe nicht, wie man das ignorieren konnte.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Minderheitlerin mit der ewigen blauen Bluse: Es hat andersherum angefangen, man hat gedacht, sie hätte manches von dem, was sie geschrieben hat, nicht selbst geschrieben, weil sie ja nur eine Frau ist, man wollte ihr einen ehemaligen "Ghost-Writer" andichten und sie dann in dessen Lage bringen, damit sie ihn verstehe, man hat sich wirklich lächerlich betragen, und hätte Karomütze diese Sache nicht aufgedeckt…

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Karomütze: hätte man sich noch lächerlicher gemacht, ich hätte es ganz gern gesehen, aber ich sollte ja unbedingt aufklären.

    AntwortenLöschen